My school’s yearbook is done. Finally. I get to make things again. And see people. Yikes. So, first thing, I made a wrought iron gate to protect the shrine of Mary. It is wood painted black, with brass filigree and wire and leaf shaped bead designs. No working lock at this point. I also made a reliquary box. I used sheet brass, lots of dollhouse filigree and really tiny jewels. I glued everything together with the scary glue, E6000.
Next – well, I am going to Italy in a week, which, in my opinion is the home of the most gorgeous churches in the world. I know I will be inspired there and I don’t want to have nothing left to work on for the church. So, I decided to sew for friends while I made a big decision. Just as difficult as it was to recognize that the castle needed to be eviscerated, I knew in my heart that the castle was no longer looking as good to me as the church did. The castle needs rehab and lots of it. So, I started tearing it apart. I can’t believe it. Still, I want it to look as good as the church and that’s the only way. (By the time I would finish this five years later, for all intents and purposes I will have made two castles by re-doing so much of it.